You are invited to the book launch and initial exploration of
‘THE TRAUMATISED SOCIETY
How to Outlaw Cheating and Save our Civilisation’
by Fred Harrison
published by Shepheard-Walwyn
Exploring Genesis as a Covenantal Code — a Land Deal —as the basis of an extended study of Nature and Society, laying foundations for the road to societal recovery.
Sunday October 28th 2012
from 3-5pm [ Refreshments 2.30pm on]
at St. James, 197, Piccadilly
A discounted pre-publication copy of the book can be ordered on the day, but preferably in advance from
at £10 post paid in the UK, £12.50 post paid to Europe and £15.00 post paid to Rest of the world [Retail Price £17.95]
Free - Donations to defray expenses and plan follow through in the Spring 2013
Free Registration with
Fred Harrison’s book sets before us a challenging and compelling message. It asks — and offers answers — to some of the most challenging questions we face:
- How can we persuade people of good faith to unite in a common message about the design of a sane political economy?
- Will a recovery of an understanding of the commons aid the transformation in political economy so urgently required?
- Will a better understanding of the corrosive power of rent help us develop a new economic paradigm servings people and the planet?
- Will the convergence of financial instability, the end of cheap oil, and climate change usher in an era of contraction?
- Will we move positively to a new economy of replenishment that doesn’t depend on growth fuelled by cheap energy, reckless consumption and financial speculation?
- How can communities best prepare for economic volatility and thrive in a re-localized world?
- Can we pursue improvements in education, the arts, health, well-being, freedom, and happiness without endless expansion of consumption?
NB. This event bonds significantly with the five Quilligan Seminars in the preceding week and two events in Lewisham on the same weekend, 26/27 Oct.
some titles provisional. More detail on any of these can be sought from