26 June 2014
How do we all fit together, what kind of society do we live in, is it working? Join us.
The speakers will be:
- Dan Nilsson DeHanas (Research Fellow, University of Kent)
- Akeela Ahmed (former Chief Executive, Muslim Youth Helpline)
- Ajmal Masroor (imam, marriage advisor and broadcaster)
- Revd Alan Green (St John's, Bethnal Green and Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum)
- Jamil Iqbal, Swadhinata Trust
Despite being a society made up of waves of immigration from the Romans onwards we still have a problem with immigrants. As ‘island people’ we have a strong, but precarious, identity. Issues of identity and difference have been brought to the fore again in recent weeks, with news stories about 'British values' and the alleged ’Trojan horse’ plot. In this event we will ask: what is the place of multiculturalism today — has it gone too far? Or is it just what we need?
18.30 to 21.00, 26 June 2014
Venue Kobi Nazrul Centre, 30 Hanbury Street, London, , E1 6QR